Building lean muscle is a good way to appear toned up and great in clothes. In addition, it helps maintain your body in a slim form, since muscles help us burn calories in a faster pace. One of the most essential factors for efficient muscle growth is to consume the right foods. Let’s take a look at the best foods for building muscles.
Why Consume the Best Foods for Building Muscles?
So you desire building some attractive muscles but aren’t really sure about the needed nutrition? You will often hear the notion that our food intake makes up for over 80% of our workout results, while the actual training makes up for no more than 20%. This may definitely be true to a certain extent.
Certain foods may react differently in our bodies and lead to extreme results, both positive and negative. The best foods for building muscles may vary depending on the individual, but there are specific staples that you’ll surely find in every single bodybuilder’s kitchen.
The Best Foods for Building Muscles
- Fish: If you’re surprised to learn that fish is a good meal for building muscles, then let us add that the vast majority of fish are extremely lean and rich in protein. Going with white fish enables you to consume about zero fat and carbohydrates, but tons of protein. As a matter of fact, most fish are 20% protein. If you purchase a fatty fish like Salmon, then make sure to consume it with careful moderation, since it contains substantial amounts of fat.
- Chicken: Chicken is a great lean choice, often yielding zero fat or carbohydrates, and plenty of essential proteins. This is one of the most important meals for building strong muscles, which explains why many bodybuilders have lots of chicken prepared to eat at all times.
- Eggs are rich in proteins and saturated fat (which is good). The egg’s saturated fat, together with the protein’s amino acids, are ideal for maintaining healthy levels of testosterone. This hormone is very important for building strong lean muscle.
- Yam or Sweet Potato: This is probably one of the simplest meals to prepare. All one needs is a microwave and paper towel and you have yourself a great lean source for essential carbohydrates. 100 grams of sweet potato contains just 20 grams of carbohydrates. By comparing that to bread that has roughly 40% carbohydrates, you’ll immediately understand why sweet potatoes are a great option for anybody looking to have lean gains. That’s why it has made our list.
- Broccoli: Most people don’t get over-excited when hearing about broccoli, but it’s about time this changes. Broccoli is the perfect food for building muscles! It yields, per cup, only 4 grams of carbohydrates, plus plenty of important nutrients that are highly beneficial to our bodybuilding desires. You can consume as much broccoli as you wish without ever worrying about gaining weight.
Fruits & vegetables are a few of the best foods for building muscles. This is simply because they contain plenty of vitamins and nutrients. Our bodies are able to break down any fruit or vegetable into enzymes that play a primary role in breaking down fats. They supply our bodies with the minerals and vitamins it requires to build lean muscles and keep our bodies working their very best.
There’s no doubt the importance of eating protein when trying to gain muscles. Protein is packed with amino acids, which our bodies need in order to grow sufficient muscle mass. Great sources of protein include lean beef, chicken, fish and turkey. There are various vegetarian forms of protein beans like black beans, pinto beans and lentils, which are also great sources of protein. In addition, nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and other different seeds are great protein forms for building muscle. When consuming protein-rich meals, it is important to group them together with vegetables.
Good fats are additional components of the best foods for building muscles. Such good fats can be found in foods like avocados, flax-seed oil, coconut oil and olive oil. Make sure to stay far away from fried meals and fats like butter.